There are no excuses for Child Neglect
* Did you know there is a 0report of child abuse made every ten seconds?
* Almost five children die everyday as a result of child abuse. More than three out of four are under the age of 4
* About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children.
* 74.3% of high school students have tried alcohol.
* In a recent study, 77% of the students said they had been bullied. And 14% of those who were bullied, they said they experienced severe (bad) reactions to the abuse.
* 3.1 million teenagers smoke, according to the American Lung Association.
* The average age of entry into the sex trade in the U.S.is between 11 and 12 years old.
-Fact a DWI offender gets a stronger punishment than a child molester
– Fact- over 10,000,000 cases of child abuse are reported each year world-wide
Children are suffering from a hidden epidemic of child abuse and neglect. Every year more than 3 million reports of child abuse are made in the United States involving more than 6 million children (a report can include multiple children). The United States has among the worst records among industrialized nations – losing on average between four and seven children every day to child abuse and neglect. 1, 2
- A report of child abuse is made every ten seconds
- More than four children die every day as a result of child abuse.1
- It is estimated that between 50-60% of child fatalities due to maltreatment are not recorded as such on death certificates. 3
- Approximately 80% of children that die from abuse are under the age of 4. 1
- More than 90% of juvenile sexual abuse victims know their perpetrator in some way. 4
- Child abuse occurs at every socioeconomic level, across ethnic and cultural lines, within all religions and at all levels of education.
- About 30% of abused and neglected children will later abuse their own children, continuing the horrible cycle of abuse. 5
- In at least one study, about 80% of 21 year olds that were abused as children met criteria for at least one psychological disorder. 13
- The estimated annual cost of child abuse and neglect in the United States for 2008 is $124 billion. 6
- Top ↑
- Abused children are 25% more likely to experience teen pregnancy. 5
- Abused teens are more likely to engage in sexual risk taking, putting them at greater risk for STDs. 5
- Top ↑
- One-third to two-thirds of child maltreatment cases involve substance use to some degree. 11
- In one study, children whose parents abuse alcohol and other drugs were three times more likely to be abused and more than four times more likely to be neglected than children from non-abusing families. 11
- As many as two-thirds of the people in treatment for drug abuse reported being abused or neglected as children. 9
- More than a third of adolescents with a report of abuse or neglect will have a substance use disorder before their 18th birthday, three times as likely as those without a report of abuse or neglect.12
- Top ↑
For more information and statistics, click here.
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families, Administration on Children, Youth and Families, Children’s Bureau. (2012). Child Maltreatment 2011. Available from http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/cb/research-data-technology/statistics-research/child-maltreatment
- United States Government Accountability Office, 2011. Child maltreatment: strengthening national data on child fatalities could aid in prevention (GAO-11-599). Retrieved from http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d11599.pdf
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Administration for Children and Families Administration on Children, Youth and Families Children’s Bureau.Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities 2011: Statistics and Interventions. Retrieved from http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/factsheets/fatality.pdf
- Snyder, Howard, N. (2000, July). Sexual assault of young children as reported to law enforcement: victim, incident, and offender characteristics. Retrieved from http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/saycrle.pdf
- Long – Term Consequences of Child Abuse and Neglect. Child Welfare Information Gateway.Washington, D.C.: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2013. Retrieved from http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/factsheets/long_term_consequences.cfm
- Fang, X., et al. The economic burden of child maltreatment in the United States and implications for prevention. Child Abuse & Neglect (2012), doi:10.1016/j.chiabu.2011.10.006 Retrieved from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0145213411003140
- Harlow, C. U.S. Department of Justice, Office of Justice Programs. (1999).Prior abuse reported by inmates and probationers (NCJ 172879) Retrieved fromhttp://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/pub/pdf/parip.pdf
- National Council on Child Abuse and Family Violence. Parental Substance Abuse A Major Factor In Child Abuse And Neglect. Retrieved fromhttp://www.nccafv.org/parentalsubstanceabuse.htm
- Swan, N. (1998). Exploring the role of child abuse on later drug abuse: Researchers face broad gaps in information. NIDA Notes, 13(2). Retrieved from the National Institute on Drug Abuse website: www.nida.nih.gov/NIDA_Notes/NNVol13N2/exploring.html
- Every Child Matters Education Fund. (2012). We can do better: Child abuse deaths in America (3rd ed.). Retrieved fromhttp://www.everychildmatters.org/storage/documents/pdf/reports/can_report_august2012_final.pdf
- Office on Child Abuse and Neglect, Children’s Bureau. Goldman, J., Salus, M. K., Wolcott, D., Kennedy, K. Y. (2003) A Coordinated Response to Child Abuse and Neglect: The Foundation for Practice, Chapter 5, retrieved from: https://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/usermanuals/foundation/foundatione.cfm
- Wilson, E., Dolan, M., Smith, K., Casanueva, C., & Ringeisen, H. (2012). NSCAW Child Well-Being Spotlight: Adolescents with a History of Maltreatment Have Unique Service Needs That May Affect Their Transition to Adulthood. OPRE Report #2012-49, Washington, DC: Office of Planning, Research and Evaluation, Administration for Children and Families, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Retrieved from:http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/opre/youth_spotlight_v7.pdf
- Amy B. Silverman, Helen Z. Reinherz, Rose M. Giaconia, The long-term sequelae of child and adolescent abuse: A longitudinal community study, Child Abuse & Neglect, Volume 20, Issue 8, August 1996, Pages 709-723. retrieved from: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0145213496000592
* We feel the children look up to entertainers, artists, and consider them as role models and offer inspiration in positive aspects.
* We feel the children and the innocent need something to look forward; to when their lives have been so tragic, and we wish to offer them opportunity, and therapeutic light on this day of blessing to shine that light in their eyes and offer hope to change their life.
Womens Global Justice / International Childrens Safety Campaign has joined with Sam Edwards- One Voice for The Kids
”In memory of Pete
by Ray Crowthers:
On Friday 1st November 2013, Sid Hingerty aged 72, from Stafford sets out to walk from Aberdeen to Downing Street, roughly 530 miles in support of a campaign supporting childrens and parents human rights, called ‘Walk for Justice’.
You can find out more about Sid and why he feels so passionately about this campaign by visiting Sid’s facebook page here, https://www.facebook.com/shingerty1.
A 1600 mile walk in all.
This walk is for the rights of abused children and their safety. WGJO and associates have joined with the International Children’s Safety Campaign . In this campaign our goals are to educate and spread awareness against illegal adoptions. On this child abuse campaign ,we are concerned with the well being and for the safety of children.
Children’s Rights is the huge issue that needs to be addressed. And needs to be addressed , NOW!
Sid started walking from Dublane. He had no shelter, as he began his journey. until friends have joined him, he was waling alone. Determined to continue his “dream of changing lives of children.” This is a peaceful protest. He intends, only to stand up for, Children’s Human Rights. With God walking beside him.
On NOV 1, 2013. Friday Sid, shall continue this journey. He has already walked a good distance. Sid plans to walk to Ten Downing St.
Friday- Nov 1, being tomorrow Sid’s pans are to walk a distance of 537 miles. The itinerary will be listed as follows. And a supplies needed as well. 12 Cities. Aberdeen to Montroes/ Montroes to Dundee/Knottignham to London—Ten Downing
Date – 01 November 2013
Time – 09:00:00
Place – Marischal College, Broad Street Aberdeenshire
Children of various ages including newborns, are being stolen by the state and social services using lies, false evidence in court, false medical reports written, the use of threats and intimidation and this is being carried out by corrupt court officials including; Judges, Barristers and Social Workers. In Britain today, a staggering 100,000+ children are currently in the state care system, this is a tragedy and a national scandal of epic proportions.
Pictured above, is the route ‘The Parent’s Walk of Justice 2013′ will be taking to Downing Street.
When you became a parent, you made an unconditional promise to your newly born child, that you would love, nurture and protect them. Now, you need to honour that promise. Your profession is not that of a plumber, computer technician or even secretary, your profession is ‘Father/Mother’.
Words are a powerful weapon and have the power to evoke any form of response, words have the power to inspire others. We are all aware of the history behind the global elite’s curtain over the last forty years. We are all aware of their ultimate goal. We are aware of the crimes they have committed against all of humanity. What perhaps we are not aware of is how we are going to stop them…
Those who are actively seeking change within this deceased world are already doing something to stop them but they cannot do it alone, they need your help. This is where the world should lend a helping hand.
Corruption, every nation has some, and it is up to us all to stop it.
In the seventeenth chapter of Saint Luke it is written the Kingdom of God is within men, not just one man or a group of men but in all men, within you, you the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful and a wonderful adventure then, in the name of democracy, let us all unite.
Let us fight for a better world, a decent world that will give a chance to work that will give you the future and old age a security. By the promise of these things, brutes have risen to power. But they lie, they do not fulfil their promise, they never will. Dictators free themselves but they enslave the people. Now, let us fight to fulfil that promise. Let us fight to free the world. To do away with national barriers. To do away with greed, with hate and intolerance. Let us fight for a world with reason, a world where science can lead to all men’s happiness.
People of the United Kingdom, let us all unite.
Join the walk today and be involved in changing the way we live. Drop us an email to see how you can participate
20 THE POSTINGS,
MEADOW PLACE ROAD,
33 WEST STREET,
TYNE AND WEAR,
BELLE VUE WAY,
79 HOWBECK ROAD,
57 LUTON ARNDALE CENTRE,
239-241 LOWER HIGH STREET,
GREAT CENTRAL WAY,
For the moment, we ask that media, pay close attention! We would like to document this journey- into a documentary film.
There is a mile for mile pledge.. On this particular walk of 500 miles. This pledge is a paypal & a you tube social network.. Please go on our website. womensglobaljustice.com to pledge one cent per mile. A five dollar pledge. Abolish secret courts/ protect the kids. Stop child abuse. Fight now, before it happens to you and your children. The caravan is headed your way!
Stop this crime! Show your support. Give us your platform. Hand out the material.. Walk with us,. walk ten miles, walk one mile.. but WALK! walk to Downing!
Please sign the petition and join us in this march! We will see you on Ten Downing Street